Social Marketing Manager APAC, Singapore
Airbnb is the world’s largest community-driven hospitality company. Every day, we connect thousands of guests and hosts online, leading to meaningful travel experiences in the real world. From treehouses to castles, Airbnb gives access to the most interesting places to stay around the world, putting you in the local scene and connecting you with unforgettable characters that become part of your story. Travel inspires the some of our best and most memorable stories, and travel with Airbnb facilitates even more interesting experiences and stories that are worth sharing.
As the Social Marketing Manager for Airbnb’s APAC region, you’ll deliver a regular drumbeat of inspiring stories told through the lens of the Airbnb community, and you’ll be responsible for developing social as a core pillar of Airbnb’s marketing strategy in the region. Success in this role means delivering compelling content and social programs that maximize audience, reach, engagement, and impact for the Airbnb brand globally.
This role reports to the APAC Marketing Director. You will work with Social Media Specialists in Korea, Japan, China, India, Singapore, Australia and other markets.
- Establish a strategic approach to social media content that aligns with Airbnb’s global vision and marketing plans but tailored to the regional/local business needs, culture, trends and social platforms.
- Build and manage a high performing social marketing team within the APAC region to grow engagement, reach, and impact through proactive campaigns across owned and social channels.
- Ensure that the APAC region develops Airbnb branded content and stories that are differentiated and compelling - stories that break through the clutter and build an emotional connection to the audience.
- Maintain and coordinate Airbnb’s comprehensive APAC content marketing calendars including brand, product and promotional messages.
- Partner with the global team to implement strategy, content creation and publishing process including collaboration, workflow, tools (CMS, analytics ), and framework for localization.
- Partner with internal and external resources, agencies, publishers, and producers, and involve the Airbnb community in a collaborative content production process to scale content capabilities and output.
- Be the champion for trend spotting and media innovation. Establish a strategy for driving innovation and adoption on emerging content and social platforms and tools across APAC to maximize business impact.
- Capture learnings and curate best practices.
- Develop measurement framework and establish KPIs that link to brand and business objectives. Use metrics to optimize and drive continuous improvement in Airbnb’s social efforts across APAC.
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Hosting experience on the site is a huge plus.
- 8+ years of agency/brand side with social media, content creation, digital marketing in relevant industries
- Background working for a large scale brand and/or social platform
- Social media experience in two or more APAC markets preferred
- Demonstrable experience of communicating across major social platforms
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Dynamic leader with ability to motivate & develop multiple direct reports, communicate effectively with others, and establish credibility with senior management
- Must be able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top