Senior Staff Machine Learning Engineer, Relevance and Personalization
- San Francisco, CA
The Relevance and Personalization team at Airbnb is responsible for search and personalization across the entire Airbnb digital platform. We are looking for a senior individual contributor / tech lead interested in advancing critical, impactful projects with focus on search ranking, recommendations, autocomplete, query understanding and Airbnb’s ranking platform. We work on all parts of the ML stack from analyzing search usage to running controlled experiments, building models, writing data pipelines, and implementing updates to the online search service. We collaborate closely with teams across Airbnb to customize the guest search experience and support a healthy marketplace for hosts and guests to further Airbnb’s mission of creating a world where people can Belong Anywhere.
As one of the most senior engineers in Search and Personalization, headed by VP and Technical Fellow Ronny Kohavi, you will help set the technical direction, deliver impactful features, and mentor other engineers. Background in search ranking/personalization and machine learning is required.
- Lead machine learning and software engineering projects to improve search relevance and personalization
- Mentor team members
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives
- 8+ years of relevant engineering hands-on work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or related field; Master’s or PhD in CS or related field preferred
- Background in Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence
- Experience with A/B testing / controlled experiments, and data/metric-driven product development.
- Passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale application
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top