Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Search is at the core of the Airbnb marketplace that connects our guests and hosts. It helps guests find the best homes and experiences to fit their needs and wants. The Search Infrastructure team is building distributed search systems and large scale data pipelines that power Homes and Experiences search. We collaborate with machine learning engineers, product engineers, and cross-functional partners to revolutionize Airbnb search experience, and advance Airbnb’s mission to help anyone feel like they can belong anywhere.
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will partner closely with our senior leaders across the broader technical organization. Although you will be at one of our highest levels of seniority, all individual contributors at Airbnb are Software Engineers which means we expect you to be hands on and contribute code.
- Lead search infrastructure engineering projects to improve search experience, system scalability and performance.
- Build close partnerships with other technical organizations at Airbnb. Make sure Search Infra is at the cutting edge of technologies.
- Mentor, guide, advocate and support the career growth of individual contributors.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives such as scalability and performance.
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years of relevant engineering hands-on work experience in Search Infrastructure or related field
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD in CS or related field.
- Exceptional architecture abilities and experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale application
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams