Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Insurance Solutions Engineering
Financial security and peace of mind for guests and hosts
The Insurance Solutions team serves as a platform and center of excellence addressing the protection needs of our Airbnb community. We help our host and guest communities manage risk with one-of-a-kind protection programs that are unmatched in the travel industry. Our vision is to create a safe and protected community through protection products and solutions. To realize this vision, we are looking for full-stack software engineers who can help us strengthen our current offerings and enable technology capability to deliver additional products.
- Design and implement microservices, APIs to drive platform integrations across web and mobile platforms
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to build interfaces and systems that can evolve to meet critical business needs
- Build our platforms--infrastructure, applications and tools using your expertise in distributed systems, large compute clusters and petabyte-scale storage infrastructure
- Scale distributed applications in a highly-available 24x7 environment, make architectural trade-offs applying design patterns and disciplined execution
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Prior experience maintaining petabyte scale web applications, API designs, web service integrations
- Best practices in Web development, concept validations, experimentation, A/B testing, CI/CD
- 7+ years of development experience or 5+ years with an advanced degree
- Prior real-word experience and demonstrable knowledge in any of Java, Python, Go, Rust, C/C++/C#
- Experience architecting and/or developing concurrency, multithreading and synchronization in large-scale distributed systems