Senior Software Engineer, Hotels
What is Airbnb Hotels?
Airbnb has built an unrivaled global community of hosts and guests—they can connect travelers to more than 6 million places to stay and tens of thousands of incredible experiences around the world. Airbnb is one of the most searched-for accommodations brand and guests are using Airbnb for every kind of trip, including business and last-minute travel. Today, more than 400,000 companies are using Airbnb to help manage their travel, and same-day bookings are now growing 2x year over year. Welcoming more boutique hotels to their platform will help deliver on their commitment to make Airbnb for everyone, providing guests the authentic, local experience they have come to expect on every trip.
The acquisition of HotelTonight in March 2019 is part of Airbnb’s strategy to increase their overall supply of Hotels. Hotels have become a critical part of Airbnb's future growth plans - however, not just any type of Hotel. Airbnb has fostered an identity of being a source of unique and distinctive places to stay, and their Hotel strategy is reflective of that. For the Airbnb platform, the Hotels team will focus on Indie Hotels, sometimes known as independent, boutique and lifestyle hotels. Indie Hotels are best defined as what they are not - no mass-market brands (ex. Marriott, Hyatt) or properties that are devoid of character or a sense of place.
What is Backend at Airbnb Hotels?
A backend engineer on Hotels has the opportunity to build the next generation of tooling to empower host success on the Airbnb platform. The backend services include managing hotel inventory, interacting with third-party inventory and revenue management systems, and optimizing the interactions with our host tool frontend.
We are building the next generation Online Travel Agent at Airbnb, focusing on hotel experience and transparency to our customers. By empowering hotels to merchandise themselves in ways that have never been imagined before, we can set ourselves apart from competitors and provide the type of booking platform that every traveler in the world will want to use.
- 5+ years industry experience
- Passion for delivering products end-to-end, from ideation through planning and /scoping to implementation and experimental A/B testing
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms.
- Experience or desire to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams with design, product, data science, and research partners.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Back to top