Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Hosting Product at Airbnb
The Hosting Product team partners with businesses around the world to create the future of hospitality. We empower anyone with a passion for providing magical hospitality to build and grow a successful business on Airbnb.
The Hosting Tools team builds the online tools for all Airbnb Hosts (professional and core hosts). We operate at all levels of the stack: frontend, backend, data, and mobile. We are looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build hosting tools for our hosts.
Example Projects include
- Collaborative tools for hosting
- Host side homepage
- Host in-box scheduled message
- Host performance dashboard
- Build the next-gen of core tools used by millions of hosts
- Build services and APIs to drive existing and new features for web and mobile apps
- Collaborate with product managers and UX designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product
- Design & drive new integrations across other teams within Airbnb .
- Collaborate with core infrastructure teams such as Storage & Services framework on innovative solutions.
- Find and address performance issues
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Identify areas of improvement and advocate for back-end best practices
- 6+ years of full-time work experience in software engineering, information technology, or related domains.
- Willing to work across the stack to address technical challenges anywhere in the system.
- Interest in working in a cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows at Airbnb.
- Proficiency in one or more backend server languages (Ruby/Python/Java/Go/C++/etc.), and expertise in popular storage systems such as relational databases, noSQL and caching.
- Experience with designing and building large scale production systems or features.
- Knowledge of SOA (Service Oriented Architecture) designs.
- Knowledge of creating external facing APIs