Senior Security Engineer
- San Francisco, CA
What is Security Engineering at Airbnb?
Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. This is a generalist role for an experienced candidate. If our mission sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
What are some examples of application security work at Airbnb?
- Building tools that provide developers and the security team with visibility of security risks in the tech stack.
- Hardening frameworks and libraries to ensure that they are secure by default.
- Implementing static or dynamic code analyzers to detect and prevent insecure code patterns.
- Identifying unaddressed areas of security risk and driving cleverly engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth.
- Creating and supporting safe break-the-glass processes.
- Providing engineers security input via code and design reviews.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Significant experience on an internal security team, or building security products.
- Strong understanding of web or mobile application security.
- Experience as a developer, ideally with Java and Python, but Ruby, Go, and Kotlin are a big plus.
- Experience designing and implementing production services, APIs, or security-specific libraries.
- Strong technical communication skills, including doc writing, presentation ability, and crisis communication.
- 3+ years experience in security engineering, or a related discipline.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Back to top