Senior Project Manager, Global Real Estate
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Senior Project Manager, Global Real Estate is responsible for the ongoing development of the global construction program and managing a team of internal / external PM’s to successfully deliver projects ranging from 5K - 150K SF around the globe. Develop and continuously improve tools, templates, and regular reporting to deliver execution efficiency and maintain project health. Foster an environment of operational excellence and ensure program is aligned with business strategies and budgets.
- 10+ years of architecture, engineering, and / or construction management experience (with 5+ years of managing direct reports).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required (up to 25%).
- Experience managing a portfolio of multi-million dollar projects of varying size / scope and complexity within a matrix organization.
- Expert knowledge of architectural design (TI), construction techniques, sourcing and contract management.
- Exceptional work ethic, high ethical standards, self directed and resourceful.
- Ability to think strategically and build a program with scale and regular change as constants.
- Proven track record to lead and manage project teams to deliver upon aggressive schedules in a variety of domestic and international markets.
- Ability to influence a broad range of internal and external stakeholders without exercising formal authority.
- Superior ability to mentor, guide and develop team members.
- Develop resourcing plans to align internal / external PM needs with annual project forecasts.
- Establish and manage consistent process for defining project scope and key deliverables / expectations.
- Ensure appropriate base timelines and milestones are developed by project teams and updated regularly for reporting purposes.
- Establish high level cost estimates for capital planning; implement and manage methodology to ensure design deliverables align with schedule and budget priorities.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top