Senior Product Manager, Finance Technology
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations and experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We are world class commerce organization - one that currently supports 191 countries, 70 currencies, connects dozens of payment providers and banks, processes multiple billions of dollars, and empowers more people to participate in our global marketplace.
Who We’re Looking For
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
This role is in the Finance Technology Group at Airbnb and will help us build our foundational data products at scale for critical finance processes. As Airbnb expands globally and into new business verticals, our data pipelines need to scale to handle large data volumes and increasing business complexity. In collaboration with Payments and Business Units leadership, you will define the strategy for Finance Technology data products, ensuring we’re able to protect and grow our community with best in class products that are easy to use. You’ll work with a cross functional team of engineers, finance and legal stakeholders to develop the core of our financial data pipelines, and then scale globally.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge to you, we’d love to meet!
Role & Responsibilities
For this role, we value leaders who have:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience and 8+ hands-on management experience (leading both individual contributors and managers)
- Our current backend technology is mostly Java and Scala based, so having prior background in developing high performance products in that environment is helpful but not required
- A demonstrated passion for working with data at scale and empowering organizations through data
- Exceptional understanding of distributed systems, data stores, and data modeling
- In-depth financial and financial systems experience is required
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale applications
- Track record in partnering with recruiting to build incredible teams
- Actively coached and mentored both managers and individual contributors in their careers
- Experience in setting data product strategy
- Independently started self-sustaining teams
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all teams
- Shipped several large scale projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Past experience operating in a public company environment. Experience making the transition from private to public a plus.
- Ideal prior past roles
- CTO, SVP, VP, Director of Payment/Finance related companies and areas
- Experience across building both user facing product (web, mobile) and deep online/offline infrastructure
Back to top