Senior Network Engineer (Network Operations)
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Take personal responsibility for the quality, reliability and availability of global IT network infrastructure.
- Maintain day-to-day operations and documentation of global IT production infrastructure, including secure local and wide area networks and all other IT services 24/7.
- Participate in rotating on-call incident response on the weekdays and on the weekends.
- Develop and improve instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services.
- Proactively monitor systems, networks, and applications to provide input in improving the stability, security, efficiency, and scalability of systems.
- Improve operational efficiencies via scripting, bots and integrations.
- Participate cross functionally with vendors and other IT engineering teams to ensure smooth project delivery.
- Network troubleshooting, fault analysis, repair, and upgrade.
- In-depth experience deploying, maintaining, monitoring, and logging network devices.
- Must have strong automation/scripting skills - proficiency in python or ruby is a plus
- Experience developing and maintaining technical documentation, runbooks, and procedures
- Fundamental knowledge of TCP/IP stack, application protocols (DHCP/DNS/HTTPs) and networking concepts (HSRP/NAT/VPN/VLANs/802.1x/Wireless/Clustering/High Availability/Load Balancing)
- Proficiency with enterprise networks using Cisco IOS/NXOS with a working knowledge of IP Protocols (TCP/UDP/ICMP) and Routing Protocols (BGP/OSPF/IS-IS)
- Proficiency with enterprise networks using Palo Alto Firewalls, including Firewall Policy Rules, URL-Filtering, App-ID, User-ID, etc.
- Experience working in an environment with Voice and Video over IP, and a basic understanding of QoS and SIP.
- Experience interacting with Telco and Global ISPs (WAN/DIA)
- A strong ownership attitude and a track record of taking responsibility for problems and pushing through to resolution
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or EE, or relevant industry experience is required
Nice to Have:
Ability to take lead in an operations environment
- Knowledge of revision control software such as GIT
- Cisco Network Certification (CCNP/CCIE R&S/UC) / Palo Alto Networks Certification (PCNSE)
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications in a clustered environment (CUCM, CUBE voice gateways, SIP/H323, voice routing)
- Familiarity with REST APIs scripting, i.e. with PAN OS API / Infoblox WAPI
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top