Senior Manager Global Guest Experience, Lux
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where anyone can Belong Anywhere. Airbnb Lux is the highest tier of the Airbnb ecosystem, providing guests unrivaled access to the finest homes and experiences in the world.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, results-oriented, and analytical leader to enhance, improve, and transform the guest experience for luxury travelers. Two years ago Airbnb acquired Luxury Retreats, a global leader in the luxury travel space for almost 20 years. Now that the foundations of an integration are in place, we are seeking to combine the best of world class technology and hospitality to provide an unparalleled guest experience.
The ideal candidate will not only be analytical and strategic, but also have the entrepreneurial spirit required to build something new, iterate on it, and expand it all while managing scarce resources. They will also have a deep understanding of customer experience, hospitality, operations, and partnerships. They should be able to think through both online and offline experiences.
They will need to work closely with both local partners as well as central product and technology teams. They will have the ability to communicate across levels from specialists to executives and lead a team ranging in skillsets and seniority. The candidate must be comfortable interfacing directly with homeowners, partners, and travelers to gain feedback on the programs they create.
This role is part of a new team working on a high visibility and constantly changing product, so the candidate must be comfortable working in a fast paced and ambiguous environment and contributing both as a manager and individual.
- Develop, design, pilot, launch, and scale new models and approaches to the luxury guest experience
- Partner with hosts (both homeowners and property managers) and partners (travel partners, boutique hotels, others) to build new approaches to deliver world class experiences
- Develop and execute a strategy and service model capable of providing a bespoke level of service with consistent quality standards spanning hundreds of markets across the world
- Determine ways to provide world class hospitality profitably and at scale
- Work closely with product to develop tools and products to both enable partners to provide hospitality and for guests to experience hospitality
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting and deliver insights to broader team
- Work closely with a multiple cross-functional partners, including product, product marketing, engineering, design, research, data science, FP&A, legal, and global on the ground operations
- 10+ years experience in strategy consulting, program or product management, or global operations managing operationally-driven processes at large scale leveraging product and technology
- Direct experience building a strategy, launching it, and scaling it globally
- Experience with on the ground customer experience and hospitality; familiarity with the luxury sector a plus
- Proven ability to build partnerships; past direct experience in business development a plus
- Leadership experience, including directly managing and growing a team
- Ability to develop a strategy, communicate it clearly and get buy-in and support to execute
- Ability to work within a matrix, solve problems and influence cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills; ability to coach others and clearly share insights via written and verbal form
- Demonstrated ability to manage concurrent multiple projects and execute on tight deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills; competency in spreadsheets is a must; familiarity with SQL a strong plus
- Passion for Airbnb, travel and the sharing economy. Being a host on Airbnb is a plus!
Note: This role will be located in San Francisco and will require up to 30% travel.
Back to top