Senior Manager, Federal Affairs and Engagement
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
This position will be based in Washington, DC and you will report to Airbnb’s Director of Federal Affairs and Engagement. You will represent Airbnb in Washington with federal policymakers and other national stakeholders. You will work with the Director to set strategy and objectives for federal government and national political outreach, based on Airbnb’s vision and outcomes.
- Work with Director to set strategy and objectives for outreach and coordination with U.S. federal government, including Congress, the Executive branch and presidential transition team
- Oversee daily execution of Congressional and administration outreach strategy directly and with assistance from outside consultants
- Develop and maintain relationships with key Congressional members and staff, Administration officials and other key DC-based national stakeholders.
- Act as liaison with national trade associations, coalitions and other key strategic national partners
- Work closely with the Global Policy Development team and other internal stakeholders address federal policy issues and stay informed about relevant federal policy or political activity.
- Lead drafting of legislative proposals, Congressional testimony, and comments on federal rulemaking proceedings.
- Represent Airbnb at panels, meetings, speaking engagements, fundraisers and other national events
- 10+ Years of experiences in federal government, campaigns or issue advocacy
- Strong contacts in federal government and political arena
- Skilled at driving projects and producing results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills that inspire
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in even the most stressful situations
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
Back to top