Senior Manager, Data Operations
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
We are looking for a talented Senior Manager, Data Operations to join the growing Information Governance + Legal Operations Team. Airbnb’s Legal Team embodies the Company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities to find creative, practical and cutting-edge solutions that advance Airbnb’s global mission of belonging anywhere.
This position will report to the Information Governance + Legal Operations, Lead.
Candidates should be execution-oriented, have a solid eDiscovery background as well as strong business acumen, superior analytical and writing skills, and be enthusiastic, well organized, and team-focused. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, and a good sense of humor are all essential.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Act as subject matter expert for eDiscovery, litigation technology and data analysis for the Legal team, providing guidance and oversight of the entire discovery lifecycle for litigation, subpoena and investigative matters
- Design, build, implement and maintain eDiscovery solutions, tools and best practices that minimize operational risks and costs while maximizing effectiveness and compliance
- Provide overall direction by analyzing program objectives and stakeholder needs by developing, communicating, building support for, and implementing new strategies, plans, and practices; analyzing costs and forecasts and incorporating them into business plans; determining and supporting resource requirements; evaluating operational processes; measuring outcomes to ensure desired results; identifying and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; promoting a customer environment; and demonstrating adaptability and sponsoring continuous learning
- Develop and drive optimization strategies for eDiscovery processes by identifying and integrating best practices and standards to reduce the amount of data stored, retained, collected, reviewed and produced
- Provide recommendations regarding internal resource optimization, technology enablement and operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Advise team members and outside counsel regarding discovery strategies, industry standards and opportunities to contain costs
- Create and implement reporting that adequately evaluates process and resource effectiveness and efficiency
- Oversee and drive customer service and strong partnerships with key stakeholders across across the organization
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with internal stakeholders, outside counsel and vendors
- Develop and communicate best practices to all staff and assist in one-on-one and group training as necessary, including holding office hours
- Cultivate an environment where team members respect and adhere to Airbnb’s Core Values
Education and Experience
Bachelor degree in information systems, library science, business management, related degree, or an equivalent combination of formal education and the following job related experience:
- Minimum of 10+ years of relevant experience in law firms, governmental agencies and/or in-house legal departments
- Experience at a company with rapid development of innovative products is preferred
- Thorough knowledge of the eDiscovery process at each state of its lifecycle (EDRM)
- Strong proficiency in industry standard eDiscovery systems, especially Relativity
- Experience collecting ESI from a range of sources including GSuite, Apple products, Slack, customer service portals and code repositories
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive, adaptable, self-directed person who can, with poise and patience, prioritize and manage multiple projects and recalibrate in response to shifting priorities, process change, and risk tolerance
- Experience working with international teams and cross functionally within organizations
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity, sense of humor, and desire and passion to learn and grow
Back to top