Senior Legal Counsel, SEA and India
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
We want you to be part of our APAC Legal team! As the Senior Counsel, India and SEA reporting to the Deputy General Counsel, APAC, you will be the lead attorney for our fast-growing India and Southeast Asia businesses. You will work very closely with the other members of the APAC Legal team as well as the global Legal team.
- General legal support for various aspects of the India and Southeast Asia businesses, in particular, providing regulatory, compliance and general commercial (including contracts) advice and support across a wide range of areas including business development, marketing, consumer rights, e-commerce, employment, privacy, dispute resolution and industry-specific regulations.
- Effectively collaborate with international colleagues, whether in APAC or in the US, to provide globally aligned legal advice that appropriately balances domestic and global perspectives and needs.
- Help design, implement and iterate legal department and compliance processes to keep up with hyper-growth, with a particular view towards addressing local concerns.
- Potential regional responsibilities, as the designated APAC subject-matter expert for one or more functional areas, as may be necessary to help the team scale and operate more efficiently.
- Fluency (reading/writing/speaking) in English is essential.
- Qualified in a major jurisdiction.
- At least 12 years’ post-qualification experience, including at least 5 years’ relevant in-house experience in an MNC.
- Demonstrated expertise and experience in navigating highly ambiguous environments, especially in emerging markets.
- Exceptional ability to consistently deliver creative, thoughtful and business-oriented results that appropriately balance growth and risk in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Some international travel required, including regular travel to our Gurgaon office.
- Driven, high integrity, self-starting, adaptable, excellent judgment, strong sense of humour and love for adventure and fun.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top