Senior iOS Engineer, Core Host
- San Francisco, CA
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Homes and Core Host at Airbnb
Homes is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Guest and Host experience to launching new initiatives from the ground up.
Core hosts are the heart and soul of Airbnb homes and our truest differentiator. Hosts are our brand and enable amazing travel experiences for our guests. The mission of Core Host teams is to make hosting appealing, rewarding and easy. We are building capabilities that allow us to recruit and retain hosts at a global scale.
About the Role
We are looking for iOS engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the hosting journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our host community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities includes:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on iOS
- Build efficient and reusable mobile components and architect reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Follow data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample native projects on Core Host teams:
- An intuitive and frictionless flow for hosts to sign up and onboard
- Host opportunity hub to help hosts be successful by offering them data-driven, geo-specific and targeted insights and recommendations
- Demand heatmap on host calendar to provide visualized demand guidance to help hosts seize the best hosting opportunities
- Native foundation modernization through platform compliance upgrade, performance and observability improvement
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Swift or Objective-C iOS apps, ideally currently available in the App Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter subsidies
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Much more...
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Back to top