Senior Internal Communications Manager
In this role you will be responsible for developing and leading a communications strategies across and several specific teams to make sure team members have the information they need to do their jobs, are clear on the ‘why’ around changes we make, and see how their work contributes to the strategy of the company and Airbnb’s mission.
You possess emotional intelligence and clarity driven by intuition. You have deep internal and executive communications experience, possess incredible influencing skills, and can deliver a well-researched, proactive drumbeat of internal comms for a diverse mix of teams. You anticipate the needs of others and work tirelessly to create an environment of open and honest communications.
- An essential and trusted partner to leaders, providing regular feedback and counsel.
- A master at influencing leaders, while being obsessed with clear messaging and elegant at navigating competing priorities and ambiguity.
- You’ll partner closely with executive leadership at the company to develop internal communications strategy —coaching leaders in:
- business storytelling
- becoming better communicators
- delivering compelling narratives around change
- role modeling our Core Values
- Develop, execute, and manage global internal communications and campaigns, applying a consistent brand voice.
- Creating narratives for leaders, aligned to our mission, vision, and values.
- Providing comms guidance and coaching (talking points, slide decks, all hands narratives).
- Producing content that inspires employees to apply values to their daily work.
- Manage a diverse set of stakeholders and cross-functional partners including external comms on work that requires integrated comms plans (policy, PR, social).
- Event strategy for large events.
- Proven experience:
- Overseeing communications programs, comms strategies, planning, and execution across large teams in fast-paced environments.
- Developing standards, tools, programs, and templates for global adoption.
- Identifying communication issues and solving problems using judgment and analysis, providing communications guidance and support.
- Turning complex information into relevant, engaging, timely and valuable content for employees.
- Exemplary business acumen, with a high degree of influence with leaders.
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously and working autonomously.
- Experience working collaboratively and building cross-functional relationships.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 12+ years of experience in communications, with cross-functional leadership, working with C-level executives.
- Creative thinking and strong decision making skills.
- Passion for Airbnb’s mission.
Back to top