Senior GL Accountant China
The International Accounting team is looking for a highly qualified Accountant to support Airbnb’s rapid and growth in China. The Accountant will report to the International Accounting Manager based in Singapore and will be responsible for reconciling and analyzing various balance sheet accounts and ensuring transactions are processed and reported in the company’s financial systems. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of the China regulatory environment, outstanding communication and problem-solving skills, and enjoys working in a challenging and fast–paced, high-growth environment. A strong attention to detail, the ability to meet deadlines consistently and to work well under pressure is a must.
- Primary responsibility for the integrity of the accounts for multiple China entities.
- Drive Compliance with applicable statutory and regulatory regulations in China
- Responsible for ensuring statutory audits are completed timely.
- Drive employee experience by continuously improving finance processes, routines and service levels
- Drive Month end close process by liaising with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of journal entries and review and analysis of system-generated journal entries.
- Provide analysis for monthly activity for balance sheet and expense accounts.
- Prepare monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows and statement of stockholder’s equity), monthly/quarter fluctuation analysis, budget to actual analysis, and forecasts of operations and cash flows.
- Monitoring cash balances and monthly intercompany funding processes.
- Responsible for Fixed Assets management for the China region, including fixed asset additions, recording depreciation, and disposal of fixed assets
- Preparation and review of VAT, Service Tax, Tax Deducted at Source (TDS), Withholding Taxes remittances and other statutory filings as required.
- Work closely with a team of accounts payable specialists and In-country Local Service Provider teams for ensuring transaction accuracy, timeliness and scheduling.
- Responsible for preparation and submission of all documentation related to Banking/Treasury cash movements (both domestic and international), statutory compliances including S.A.F.E. (State Administration of Foreign Exchange) and various other China regulatory bodies.
- Responsible for accurate and timely preparation of annual statutory financial statements, tax filings for a number of China entities.
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects and on-going efforts toward increased automation in monthly reporting, AP and payroll.
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective workflows to improve the close cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin with ability to speak, read and write fluently in both languages.
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-Starter. Ability to influence within all levels of the organization.
- Minimum of five years of hands-on general ledger accounting experience including the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal entries. Tech industry experience a big plus.
- Strong understanding of China regulatory and compliance environment related to business operating in the Online Marketplace, ICP License, Treasury Operations, Revenue Recognition including Fapiao regulations.
- Strong knowledge of tax regulations in China including but not limited to Corporate Tax, Indirect Taxes, and VAT.
- Familiar with local Payroll and Personal Income Tax regulations.
- Knowledge or experience within electronic/digital payments, mobile payments, credit card processors, banking, or merchant services industries a big plus
- BS or BA degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Qualified Accountant preferred (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA).
- Prior experience with a multi-national and experience with foreign exchange desired.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail and highly motivated/proactive.
- Experience with global financial systems preferred (i.e. Workday, Concur).
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have highest level of integrity.
- Wants to work in a fast-paced, energized, self-starter environment.
- Exposure to statutory financial statement preparation and review across US GAAP/IFRS.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top