Senior Counsel, Platform Policy (Trust)
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where people can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team that is committed to our core values to achieve this goal.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations around the world. Where some see obstacles, we see opportunities to find creative, practical and cutting-edge solutions that advance Airbnb’s global mission.
We are looking for an experienced attorney with a background working on community trust and safety issues. We are looking for a candidate with extensive experience on the legal aspects of sharing economy issues such as user screening, online identity, fraud detection and prevention, and account integrity. In addition, our ideal candidate should be comfortable analyzing data-driven projects and working with product teams on the design and implementation of user-facing and back-end products. This position will report into our Community Trust Legal Team, and be part of a growing team of talented and dedicated lawyers and legal professionals located around the world. This job is for you if you enjoy ambiguity, love working at the intersection of complex legal and social issues, and believe that a company can change the world by encouraging immersive travel. Our team collaborates closely with our business partners and is focused on finding risk-calibrated solutions that support our mission by enhancing trust in the Airbnb community.
- Provide active and strategic advice to Airbnb’s Trust organization
- Commitment to delivering efficient and creative legal advice on cutting edge issues such as user screening, online identity, data-driven models and fraud detection
- Support and provide thought partnership on the development of products and implementation of policies designed to enhance trust in the Airbnb community
- Creation of processes and procedures to help support a rapidly-growing, global business with nimble legal advice
- Act as Trust liaison with payments, privacy and product legal teams
- Active championship of Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity, including by helping protect the company from risk, complying with all applicable regulations and procedures, and reinforcing Airbnb’s values
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer
- Member of California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- Minimum 8 years of experience with a heavy emphasis on issues relevant to trust counseling
- Demonstrated record for success counseling on cutting-edge legal issues relevant to platform businesses focused on trust-related issues
- Proven ability to provide entrepreneurial, quick-thinking, pragmatic, business-oriented advice and to properly balance risks and business reward
- Broad base of substantive law relating to technology companies
- Ability to craft legal solutions in novel ways essential
- Highly motivated, efficient, and organized; able to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment, both collaborating as a team and working independently
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, and ability to advocate for a position while maintaining collaborative and open-minded approach
- Passion for travel, home sharing and deep appreciation for Airbnb community
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, and desire to get things done
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.
Back to top