Senior Brand Marketing Manager, China
Airbnb’s SuperBrand marketing organization are storytellers, creators and relentless community champions, responsible for sharing the Airbnb love around the world by creating magical, memorable, shareable experiences that inspire and grow our community.
Airbnb’s China Brand Marketing team is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager who will report to the China Marketing Lead, based in Beijing. This person will be responsible for developing strategic plans and executing, implementing and tracking marketing programs to drive profitable growth and support multi-market projects and teams across the region. S/he will work collaboratively with, and influence cross functional teams including PR/Communications, Performance Marketing, Media, Design, Finance, Customer Experience, Product Marketing and Operations in the region and with Brand Marketing functional leads in Beijing, Singapore and San Francisco and local market Brand Marketing Managers in APAC.
- Develop business and brand strategies and resulting plans that communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in collaboration with marketing leadership, regional business partners and Marketing Managers/Specialists
- Develop and execute highly effective integrated brand marketing campaigns across the region, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal and enacting world-class creative excellence.
- Lead execution and amplification across advertising, content, social, experiential and media, among others, acting as single point of contact for HQ-based functions and in region for regional function leads and local operations teams
- Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, well-defined roles & responsibilities, employee engagement, mentoring, development and retention
- Manage creative and other agency partners, ensuring optimal resourcing, timely briefings, contracts, payments and a deep understanding of the brand and business opportunities, challenges and plans
- Work with HQ, Finance and Operations on resource forecasting and actualizing; ensuring timely SOWs and contracts with partners at all times; providing regular activity updates and reconciliations to HQ and APAC Operations
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual planning and reporting
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus
- 12+ years of relevant work experience at media, marketing agencies or client-side marketing, with preference for at least 8 years in brand marketing on the client side managing multiple agencies
- Creative and analytical thinker with proven ability to champion world-class creative marketing programs that deliver results
- Experience building a brand’s integrated marketing presence with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects – across digital marketing, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships – that set the benchmark for creative excellence
- Experience leading teams and agencies, building international teams / networks, communicating and influencing across national boundaries
- Strong budget and project management skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy, idea and decisions clearly and succinctly
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is required and one other Asian language is a plus
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top