Senior Brand Marketing Manager, APAC
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Singapore is home to many and a host to all of our offices here within Asia Pacific. As the regional hub for APAC, the Singapore office looks after many of the challenges the region brings and plays a vital role in moving Airbnb forward in the region.
Airbnb’s SuperBrand marketing organization are storytellers, creators and relentless community champions, responsible for sharing the Airbnb love around the world by creating magical, memorable, shareable experiences that inspire and grow our community.
Airbnb’s APAC Brand Marketing team is looking for a Senior Marketing Manager, who will report to the Regional Marketing Lead, APAC based in Singapore. This person will be responsible for developing strategic plans and executing, implementing and tracking marketing programs to drive profitable growth and support multi-market projects and teams across the region. S/he will work collaboratively with, and influence cross functional teams including PR/Communications, Performance Marketing, Media, Design and Operations in the region and with Brand Marketing functional leads in Singapore and San Francisco and local market Brand Marketing Managers in APAC.
- Develop business and brand strategies and resulting plans that communicate a compelling value proposition for current and prospective users in collaboration with marketing leadership, regional business partners and Marketing Managers/Specialists
- Develop and execute highly effective integrated brand marketing campaigns across the region, ensuring all marketing activities feel local and personal and enacting world-class creative excellence, visibly contributing to our aim of being the most creative company in the world
- Lead execution and amplification across advertising, content, social, experiential and media, among others, acting as single point of contact for HQ-based functions and in region for regional function leads and local operations teams
- Provide exceptional team leadership with a focus on clarity of vision and direction, well-defined roles & responsibilities, employee engagement, mentoring, development and retention
- Manage creative and other agency partners, ensuring optimal resourcing, timely briefings, contracts, payments and a deep understanding of the brand and business opportunities, challenges and plans
- Ensure all marketing activities feel local and personal while adhering to global brand standards and voice; articulate market nuances for teams less familiar with the region
- Work with HQ, Finance and Operations on resource forecasting and actualizing; ensuring timely SOWs and contracts with partners at all times; providing regular activity updates and reconciliations to HQ and APAC Operations
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual planning and reporting
- Passion for all things Airbnb. Experience hosting on the site is a huge plus
- 12+ years of relevant work experience at media, marketing agencies or client-side marketing, with preference for at least 8 years in brand marketing on the client side managing multiple agencies
- Creative and analytical thinker with proven ability to champion world-class creative marketing programs that deliver results
- Experience building a brand’s integrated marketing presence with an exciting portfolio of past campaigns/content/creative projects – across digital marketing, experiential, offline marketing, partnerships and sponsorships – that set the benchmark for creative excellence
- Experience managing individuals and agencies, building international teams / networks, communicating and influencing across national boundaries
- Strong budget and project management skills
- Record of success in leading teams, measurement of ROI, and accountability for results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy, idea and decisions clearly and succinctly
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Willingness to travel regionally and internationally
Back to top