Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Hosting at Airbnb:
When Airbnb first started, we introduced the world to Hosting. Hosting is Airbnb’s core business and we work on everything from driving improvements to the Host experience to launching new product verticals from the ground up. The Hosting team aims to inspire and empower people around the world to live richer lives by Hosting on Airbnb. Hosting means many things here at Airbnb. We support Hosts who offer individual Homes, Experiences, multiple Homes, and Hotels on the platform. Within Hosting engineering you can have a significant impact on a wide range of Airbnb products and users. If you are energized by having your work gain high visibility to millions of users and drive impact for the company's bottom line, Hosting is a great place to launch and amplify your Airbnb career.
About the role:
We are looking for Android engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the hosting journey. You will get the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our host community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android
- Building efficient and reusable mobile components and architecting reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Following data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identifying areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample projects on Hosting:
- Empower the hosting teams to help anyone host any place to stay, and provide a platform of frameworks, tools, and shared applications
- Create a hosting dashboards to celebrate hosting and encourage better hospitality, and that surface the most important things that hosts need to do now, such as booking requests, to-dos, and new and relevant information. Enable shared server-driven front-end platforms for rapid adoption of new mobile hosting features to support the end-to-end host journey
- Build tools that allow hosts of all scales to intuitively manage their listings & merchandise their homes. Projects include building core listing management product Manage-Your-Place from the ground up using server-driven UI, collecting rich listing information through product experimentation
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps, ideally currently available in the Play Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities