Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Guest Experience at Airbnb:
Guest Experience is responsible for the end-to-end guest experience on Airbnb. We’re responsible for a range of product surface areas including the homepage, search, booking, planning, and the pre-trip and on-trip experience. We also work on foundational core infrastructure that all Guest and Hosting teams build upon.
About the role:
We are looking for experienced Android engineers to help us build a delightful experience in every stage of the guest journey. You will have the unique career opportunity to work across multiple agile product teams and make a significant impact on our guest community around the world.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Experience Designers and Backend Engineers to design and deliver high-quality products on Android
- Building efficient and reusable mobile components and architecting reliable, performant, and scalable mobile solutions
- Following data-driven approaches to conduct experiments and iterate features
- Identifying areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices
Sample projects on Guest Experience:
- Improving the project description page's clarity and readability through better navigation, more structured data, and introducing richer media (ie. videos)
- Creating personalized highlights, smart FAQs, alternative date and similar listing recommendations
- Creating the next generation of server-driven UI framework, new integration testing framework, and cutting edge performance optimizations to make the page blazing fast
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience shipping one or more Kotlin or Java Android apps, ideally currently available in the Play Store
- Personal projects that show an aptitude for technical excellence and product sense
- Ability to work in areas outside of your usual comfort zone and show motivation for personal growth
- Solid engineering and coding skills. Understanding of basic data structures and asynchronous programming
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
- Nice to have: demonstrated design and UX sensibilities