Senior Android Engineer, Support Products
- Seattle, WA
What is the Community Support Platform team at Airbnb?
Airbnb places a high value on ensuring that our community of guests and hosts have a great experience. When issues come up, it’s important for us to support them.
We have a team called Community Support Platform which is responsible for this goal. The team owns all of the touchpoints involved in providing support, including portions of our website and mobile apps, as well as our contact channels (phone, messaging), and the internal tools that our customer support agents use to provide support throughout the world.
We measure our success on customer satisfaction and business efficiency. For the latter, we track how often our customers need to contact us, and, when they do, how long it takes our representatives to solve the case. We are a data-driven team. We run a lot of A/B experiments and we can tie our contributions directly to the company’s bottom line.
This role is on the branch of the team that owns customer-facing touch points, and that focuses on enabling customers to solve issues on their own.
In this role, you will be leading the engineering efforts for our Help Center in our Android Airbnb application.
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Design and implement new features in our Android mobile app
- Focus on delivering measurable business impact while also building for the long term.
- Collaborate effectively with a cross-functional team: PM, design, content, data science, research, etc.
- Expert in Android app development and the Android SDK
- Proven working experience in Android app development
- 6+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent experience
- Track record of involvement in architectural decisions / tech design
- Advanced analytical thinking; experienced with making product decisions based on data and A/B testing
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Much more…
Back to top