Senior Analyst, Payments
Payments FP&A (Financial Planning and Analysis) is a key partner and enabler of the Payments organization managing a significant amount of COGS for Airbnb. The team is responsible for helping the business partners meet key objectives and goals by providing outstanding finance support and business insights.
As a member of this team based in San Francisco, this Senior Analyst role will primarily be responsible for tracking, analysis and governance efforts with the objective of optimizing Airbnb’s merchant fees, as well as supporting efforts to manage risk and limit fraud.
Core Responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a merchant fee financial model by processing partner for Airbnb
- Be the finance point of contact for all payments related contracts. Work closely with legal, accounting and payments to gain a detailed understanding of the contractual terms, pricing tiers and other relevant topics.
- Develop a robust scorecard to measure and monitor the payments business on a monthly basis
- Work closely with internal and external partners to ensure that the company is charged appropriately as per the contract terms/tiers and identify cost saving opportunities
- Work closely with Accounting/Controllership functions to understand debit/credit postings in transaction expense GLs and support monthly accrual process
- Provide analytical support and insights to payment leaders for informed decision making
- Provide actionable intelligence for optimizing conversion and fees
- Other tasks or ad-hoc work as requested by the manager and business partners. In addition to supporting the payments organization, this role will also work closely and support treasury and risk.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or accounting required; Master's degree preferred
- 6 - 10 years of prior experience in Finance or Analytics field in a high growth, global company preferably in internet based, high tech or financial services sectors
- Domain expertise in ecommerce payments preferred
- Detail oriented and strong analytical skills
- Strong MS excel skills needed - candidate should be comfortable with financial modeling and working with large amounts of data; SQL knowledge preferred
- Experience in building succinct presentations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, cross functional team environment setting
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top