Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. We have generalist infosec roles, as well as more specialized roles around penetration testing, threat modeling and security reviews, incident response, and development-focused roles that build security tooling. If that mission sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
What are some examples of application security work at Airbnb?
- Creating tools or frameworks that engineers (love to) use and that improve security.
- Working to identify areas of security weakness. This could mean manual penetration testing or bigger projects that provide some automation for finding vulnerabilities.
- Improving data security through use of encryption/key management, segregation, or other techniques
- Finding ways to improve defense-in-depth.
- Helping engineers design more secure systems via design input or code review.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Strong understanding of web or mobile application security
- Experience on an internal application security team
- Experience as a developer, ideally with Ruby on Rails and Java
- Pentesting experience
- Strong communication skills. Did you patiently train your relatives and friends how to use Chrome and enable click to play? Awesome, me too.
- 3+ years experience in security engineering, or a related discipline
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top