Airbnb is built on trust. Our security team works hard to improve the security of our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world.
We are looking for people who want to make the Airbnb platform safer for millions of users around the world. We’d love to talk to you if you’re a talented individual who is passionate about finding security weaknesses and crafting scalable and usable solutions. We are enablers who make it easier for engineers to create secure features, not blockers. This is a generalist role for an experienced candidate. If our mission sounds exciting to you, please reach out!
What are some examples of application security work at Airbnb?
- Broad, generalist scope for an experienced candidate.
- Design and creation of tools and frameworks that engineers (love to) use and that improve security. (And maybe open-sourcing them someday?)
- Working to identify unaddressed areas of security weakness and driving cleverly engineered, scalable solutions that improve our defense-in-depth.
- Improving data security through use of encryption/key management, segregation, or other techniques.
- Helping other engineers design more secure systems via design input and code review.
- Solving security risks with new, organic solutions.
The following experience is relevant to us:
- Significant experience on an internal application security team
- Strong understanding of web or mobile application security
- Experience as a developer, ideally with Ruby on Rails and Java
- Pentesting, threat modeling, and architecture review experience
- Strong communication skills (Did you patiently train your relatives and friends how to use Chrome and enable click to play? Awesome, me too.)
- 5+ years experience in security engineering, or a related discipline
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Back to top