Security CSIRT Engineer
The CSIRT:Engineering Team at Airbnb:
The CSIRT:Engineering team is responsible for building continuous security monitoring capabilities for Airbnb’s corporate and production environments. This spans cloud, workstations, mobile, and on-premises.
We are a team focused on precision, automation and innovation. Our engineering and infrastructure efforts follow best practices such as CI/CD, multi layered testing and performance monitoring. You won’t be maintaining someone else’s debt here.
What are examples of work that CSIRT engineers have done at Airbnb?
In the last two years, CSIRT:Engineering has built and open sourced detection tools based on cutting-edge AWS serverless offerings including AWS Lambda, Kinesis, SQS, and more. This includes StreamAlert, a real-time data analysis framework, and BinaryAlert, a real-time malware detection engine.
These frameworks embody a new way to collect and analyze many types of data, without the need to maintain servers. It also enables the team to scale rapidly without an increasingly high overhead. As a member of CSIRT:Engineering, you will be enabled to create new and effective tools like this to further the mission of our team and Airbnb.
Join us in developing next generation approaches and defensive tools that we can share with industry!
Areas of future and continued investment:
- Data science, analytics, machine learning
- Host, container, and network instrumentation
- Big Data, ETL, real-time stream processing
- Serverless Technologies including AWS Lambda and AWS Athena
The following are skills and experiences that are relevant to us:
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, S3, SNS, SQS, EC2, ...)
- Experience in Software development (Python, Ruby, Golang, Java, C/C++, …)
- Familiar with version control (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
- Familiar with DevOps (Terraform, Chef/Puppet, Travis/Jenkins, PagerDuty, …)
- Familiar with Logging infrastructure (Syslog, Fluentd, Logstash)
- A desire to dive into Big Data, Data Science, Analytics, Machine Learning
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top