Our global Safety teams are responsible for empathetic and effective resolution of personal safety incidents on the Airbnb platform. We are looking for a talented, experienced, and dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, and who is able to effectively balance compassionate support with investigative prowess. The right person must have a passion for innovation and have 1 – 2+ years of applicable experience, preferably in claims and dispute resolution, ecommerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management. Airbnb is more than a platform, we are a community. When bad things happen we are there for them. The core function of the Safety team is to support our community in a timely and meaningful way, whenever their safety is under threat of any kind.
We are looking for a talented and experienced person, who will look after a broad variety of Safety Concerns for our Chinese community, that include: Personal Safety Threats and Home Safety, Domestic Violence cases involving either the hosts or the guests, Suicide and Self Harm, Child Exploitation, Assault and Sexual Assault, Drugs activity, Sex activity and Human Trafficking, Extractions and Host Protection Insurance instances.
The successful candidate will demonstrate an expert level understanding of threatening and harmful circumstances, empathetic communication and quick decision making, with the goal of helping to mitigate the negative impact for the reporting victims and restore their status quo. The Personal Safety team will also be real time accessible through a direct IVR channel (Genesys), and will help mitigating financial and reputational impact to Airbnb’s brand.
The successful candidate will assist with escalated issues and initiate the user dispute request process for, mainly, personal safety incidents but also some cases related to property damage. Our Personal Safety specialists are responsible for the investigation of cases involving complex damages, trauma or personal harm, or brand risk, and negotiate collaboratively while verifying facts and reaching policy-based determinations for effective resolution. They maintain high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations, and will comprehensively document investigations through written reports
We also work to educate our hosts and guests to promote positive experiences and maintain security and safety while using Airbnb responsibly. Amongst other responsibilities, you’ll also be responsible for monitoring flagged and inappropriate content, and identify and report trends in online risk. You will work with Safety support teams to develop and enhance internal policies and tools.
- Bilingual English/Mandarin fluency is required and good understanding of Chinese Culture
- Cantonese proficiency is a plus
- 1+ years of experience in customer service, mediation, emergency services or a similar role.
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, mediation or e-commerce customer service experience or background in fraud and/or online investigations with experience handling personal injury, personal harm, or property damage related issues.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (email) and spoken (phone), to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and/or third party providers to resolve conflicts in a detailed, effective and timely manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Working with Safety lead to develop and enhance internal policies, processes and tools.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Ability to work as early as 7am and as late as 8pm
- Ability to work weekends
Back to top