Safety and Security Manager - Airbnb HQ Campus
- San Francisco, CA
The Safety and Security Manager of the Airbnb Headquarters Campus will foster a safe, secure and healthy workplace to enable our employee community in San Francisco, CA to focus on creating a world where anyone can belong anywhere. This role is responsible for managing physical and personnel security operations in San Francisco, our largest site and company headquarters location, with approximately 4,000 employees located throughout four large and five small offices. Additionally, this role will continually assess technical capabilities, develop operational objectives, oversee resources, manage vendor accounts, and assess the processes implemented to enhance and ensure the physical safety of our employees and facilities. This role will work closely with our Global Health and Safety team to ensure safety protocols and standards are consistently and enthusiastically applied at the San Francisco campus.
- Manage and provide oversight of the security vendor (guard services) in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining security processes to reduce risks, respond to incidents, and limit exposure to the company, thereby ensuring the day-to-day physical security and safety operations for the San Francisco campus.
- Manage significant vendor accounts to ensure they are contractually compliant and stay within budget.
- Develop safety and security policies and procedures to be implemented in consultation with the Senior Global Safety and Security Manager.
- Execute and adapt safety and security business plans and contribute to the development of team and area strategy.
- Identify and resolve technical, business and/or operational problems by considering multiple sources of information to identify the best course of action.
- Create, improve, and maintain security protocols and guidelines for San Francisco locations to include (but not limited to) access control standards and policies, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, physical security design for new and existing offices, liaison with local law enforcement, etc.
- Serve as a front line crisis manager for incidents occurring in San Francisco offices, under the guidance of the incident-specific Incident Commander and the Senior Global Safety and Security Manager.
- Through subordinates where applicable, ensure incidents are fully investigated and provide well-articulated incident reports, briefings, and after action recommendations to leadership.
- Create and manage the SF Safety and Security operations budget in San Francisco, ensuring strict fiscal discipline.
- Collaborate with the Global Health and Safety team, ensure staff in offices throughout San Francisco are trained on occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols.
- Collaborate with the Global Security Manager, Travel and Special Events to manage any San Francisco travel specific incidents or emergencies, and large scale or special events in San Francisco.
- Develop and sustain relationships with Workplace Ops, Food, Ground Control, BizTech, Customer Experience, and other Airbnb teams in order to support the cross-functional delivery of security operations.
- Support other Safety and Security team members in their functional areas of workplace violence programs, travel security, risk intelligence, executive protection, and corporate investigations.
- 10+ years experience managing security operations, ideally in technology or creative office environments and/or minimum of five years experience as a member of a security team with a major corporation or Fortune 500 company.
- Experience developing and maintaining comprehensive security programs.
- Crisis management experience, preferably as a first responder or incident commander.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to competently juggle numerous competing priorities.
- Experience working with and managing security systems (video, access control systems) at large facilities.
- Experience designing security for new buildings or facilities, to include placement of access control systems, cameras, and visitor management systems, conducting risk assessments, and standing up security officers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be highly adaptable and flexible, with a demonstrated capability to scale through rapid growth.
- Experience developing and maintaining a security budget for a commensurate sized operation; proven fiscal discipline required.
- Must have a positive attitude and hunger for learning.
- Customer service orientation an absolute necessity for this role.
- Able to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Creative and entrepreneurial.
- Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Law Enforcement, or related field from an accredited institution preferred.
- Completion of a recognized security certification is not required, but a plus. Examples include but are not limited to: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI.)
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Back to top