Regional Sales Lead, Business Travel, APAC
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world – online or from a mobile phone. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 35,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing community of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions.
Airbnb is putting together a sales team to further the Airbnb mission of providing inspiring travel experiences for our hosts and guests, focused specifically on the Business Travel (Corporate Travel) sector. The Regional Sales Lead for APAC will lead the growth of our programs in that region.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead, grow and develop the regional sales and account management teams. Responsible for ensuring the success of the team and their attainment of their targets.
- Deliver key functional objectives for the region around acquiring new enterprise companies onto the platform, travel adoption across the companies and nights and bookings generation
- Lead management across the sales team, including prioritization of targets, new lead generation, and lead development
- Be the voice and representative of Airbnb in key regional Business Travel speaking events, and media opportunities
- Identify key regional growth opportunities, forge and develop relationships (e.g. with regional Travel Management Companies) to enable continued rapid growth of Airbnb for Business Travel
- Work cross functionally with the global Business Development teams (including product, marketing, business development) to share insights, learnings and regional strategic perspectives
- Part of the Airbnb APAC cross-functional leadership team
- 10+ years prior experience selling lodging products into corporations, or selling Corporate booking solutions (TMCs, Corporate booking tools, Lodgings) in APAC region
- Experience with managing international or regional teams
- Be recognized as a respected leader by APAC Travel Community
- An extensive network of clients where you have sold corporate travel solutions in the past
- Proven track record of effectively negotiating multi-million dollar business agreements and developing business relationships that impact company performance
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task with excellent organisation skills. Pays attention to both details and macro-level outcomes
- Seasoned internal and external communicator with strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with a fast-paced environment and changing requirements. Startup experience is a plus.
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Data driven, can do attitude, strategic thinker and passion for new products and solutions
- Comfortable with Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce CRM, and other technology solutions for driving sales
Back to top