Regional Safety and Security Officer - EMEA
The Safety & Security Officer - EMEA will keep our employees and our operations in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa Region free from danger; all while contributing to and protecting the company culture we are so proud of. This role is responsible for managing physical and personnel security as well as safety operations in EMEA, which includes one large office campus (Dublin) as well as several others.
- Manage day-to-day security and safety operations for EMEA offices, with particular focus on the campus in Dublin
- Create security protocols and guidelines for EMEA locations to include (but not limited to) physical security design for new and existing offices, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, liaison with individual offices’ local law enforcement, etc.
- Serve as a front line crisis manager in the Dublin office during incidents
- Work closely with Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) staff in San Francisco and local Facilities staff in Dublin to support EMEA security operations
- Investigate incidents and provide well-articulated reports, briefings, and after action recommendations
- Develop and train staff on occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Analyze intelligence tools and reports and have the ability to present and discuss such data at the executive level when necessary
- 7+ years experience managing safety and security operations, ideally in technology or creative office environments
- Experience reviewing architectural plans and planning physical security design is essential
- Experience developing security/safety programs and incident response plans
- Knowledge of and comfortability with global technical security monitoring systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Language proficiency in English and at least (1) other European language
- Depth of experience & cultural understanding within EMEA countries.
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Desire to “wow” your customers with each interaction
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Demonstrated commitment to Airbnb’s core values
Back to top