Regional Safety and Security Officer, APAC
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Singapore is home to many and a host to all of our offices here within Asia Pacific. As the regional hub for APAC, the Singapore office looks after many of the challenges the region brings and plays a vital role in moving Airbnb forward in the region.
Our Safety and Security Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
As a Safety & Security Officer, you will keep our employees and our operations in the Asia Pacific Region free from danger; all while contributing to and protecting the company culture we are so proud of. This role is responsible for managing physical and personnel security as well as safety operations in APAC, which includes one large office (Singapore) as well as several others.
- Manage day-to-day security and safety operations for APAC offices, with particular focus on the office in Singapore.
- Create security protocols and guidelines for APAC locations to include (but not limited to) physical security design for new and existing offices, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, liaison with individual offices’ local law enforcement, etc.
- Serve as a front line crisis manager in the Singapore office during incidents
- Work closely with Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) staff in San Francisco and local Facilities staff in Singapore to support APAC security operations Investigate incidents and provide well-articulated reports, briefings, and after action recommendations
- Develop and train staff on occupant emergency plans and incident response protocols
- Analyze intelligence tools and reports and have the ability to present and discuss such data at the executive level when necessary
- 7+ years experience managing safety and security operations, ideally in technology or creative office environments
- Experience developing security/safety programs and incident response plans
- Knowledge of and comfortability with global technical security monitoring systems
- Experience reviewing architectural plans and planning physical security design
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Language proficiency in English and (1) other Asian language
- Depth of experience & cultural understanding within APAC countries. In particular, experience across SE Asia, Australia, S. Korea and Japan
- Willingness to travel approximately 30% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Desire to “wow” your customers with each interaction
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively cross-functionally
- Demonstrated commitment to Airbnb’s core values
Back to top