Regional Policy Manager - West
We are looking for a Public Policy Regional based in San Francisco. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb and the sharing economy, and have proven experience in managing regulatory issues within a corporate context - either as an in-house policy professional or as a consultant. Experience in a startup e-commerce or other high-growth, fast-paced company would be an advantage.
This is a full time temporary position.
- Work with local Campaign Managers to support development and implementation of Airbnb’s legislative and public policy activities in U.S. West.
- Help craft and negotiate language for legislation, draft comments on administrative regulations, and author substantive issue briefs, position papers and reports.
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting Airbnb’s priorities.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges.
- Advise Airbnb’s teams on public policy matters to guide development of products, services and policies.
- At least 7+ years experience working with policy issues in a relevant business or non-governmental organization, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context (a mix of public and private sector experience is an advantage).
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field.
- Direct policy experience, preferably in one of the following fields: tourism, land use, housing, landlord/tenant law, tax law or e-commerce/internet regulation.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills; ability resolve complex and unfamiliar problems in a creative and timely manner and gather/analyze information skillfully
- Ability to navigate complex internal organization, with the skills to confidently negotiate issues
- Ability to manage and prioritize several competing projects or tasks
- Acute attention to detail; very organized
- Ability to be flexible, responsive, take initiative, and close the loop on all communications and projects
- Proven track record of effective project management; meeting deadlines under pressure
- Ability to influence people and manage effectively in ambiguity with little input or direction
- Strong interpersonal skills to create easy working relationship with internal team, as well as external constituents and partners
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson.
- Self starter with a sense of humor and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment.
- Ability to work long hours and adapt quickly to adverse situations
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top