Regional Operations Manager(safety&claims), China
- 40% of traveling is required
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. An economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 191 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Airbnb China
As an independent business unit, China is one of the major engines behind Airbnb's global growth. The company has increased its investment in China and experienced rapid growth since officially entering the market at the end of 2015. Airbnb continues to focus on product localization and innovation to better serve local users and enhance the user experience, nurture a trusting local community, and engage Chinese Millennial travelers with inspiring brand moments. As one of the leaders in the home sharing industry, Airbnb works with partners across many fields to actively promote the sustainable development of this emerging industry and achieve win-win results for everyone. Airbnb will continue to build an efficient local team, bringing the end-to-end, authentic travel experience to Chinese travelers, and creating a world where "anyone can belong anywhere".
Our Community Support Team is growing and we want you to be part of it!
As a The Regional Operations Manager, you are entrusted with managing service performance, operations and strategy execution within a region, in line with the strategy developed by the Global Safety & Claims Service Manager, while driving continuous improvement towards service outcomes.
- Directly manage leads in their service tier while providing regular, actionable, and goal-oriented performance feedback to achieve desired service outcomes in the region. Note: this may require the report management of internal and/or partner team leads based in ‘satellite’ offices.
- Clearly communicate direction and goals while providing regular coaching for performance and career growth.
- Provide leadership and guidance to teams that are responsible for complex tasks.
- Support and hold teams accountable for the effective handling of escalated and/or complex investigations required for urgent or sensitive claim issues. Where required, ROM will also:
- Represent Safety & Claims Operations for their region by speaking directly or in-person with user(s) who have experienced an urgent or high-value claim or other insurance related issue, in partnership with Crisis Management and the Global Safety & Claims Strategy Team.
- Represent Safety & Claims Operations and act as a decision maker when a cross-functional working group is convened by Crisis Management in response to a sensitive “crisis” safety and claims incident.
- Work with CS Workforce Management and Business Analytics teams to ensure capacity plans are designed to meet desired service outcomes across internal and partner teams and/or in consideration of local market/business needs.
- Influence regional and global prioritisation, process improvement and product feedback in close partnership with in-region legal team and global Safety & Claims service team.
- Communicate service performance across internal and partner teams to regional stakeholders, in partnership with CS Leadership, Service Managers, and/or Global Engagement Managers for their region.
- Review, synthesize, and present findings from technical or complex data analysis related to to functional claims, property security and safety trends specific to region or market.
- In partnership with CS Shared Services and Global Safety & Claims Team, manage delivery and execution of initiatives to drive continuous safety & claims service improvement within their region.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 8 years of experience in an operations-related role with customer service related industry background
- At least 4 years of experience leading, inspiring and motivating teams to meet operational goals and targets
- Experience leading cross-functional or cross-regional collaborative teams
- Mandarin & English fluency
Back to top