Regional IT Support Manager
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb is looking to hire someone to manage our growing team of AirSupport team members in San Francisco and the Americas. This position is based in San Francisco, California, and will be responsible for managing and delivering the best IT support on the planet - enabling employees to innovate and operate at their peak potential. Our three main departmental objectives are to build a strong foundation of core infrastructure and services, deploy new innovative solutions, and to support regional initiatives. This position will report directly to the Global AirSupport Manager in San Francisco.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of technical support personnel within our AirSupport group including hiring, performance management, and career development
- Monitor service level metrics and response times and re-direct team activities as needed.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Develop and document new support and operations processes.
- Oversee the team managing hardware and software purchasing (including new employee onboarding technology setup) for San Francisco and the Americas.
- Maintain accurate Asset Management records.
- Support Airbnb employees in resolving problems with IT, AV and Communications systems.
- Collaborate with AirSupport Managers around the globe to align processes and procedures and adopt global best practices.
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing technical service operations and a support team.
- Experience with purchasing, inventory management, and budgeting.
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals.
- Ability to help Airbnb employees solve hardware and software problems with Apple products, including Mac laptops, iPhones, and Apple application software.
- Experience with hosted productivity and communications applications, including Google Apps , Box, MS Office, Adobe, contact center tools, and the ability to train and support employees on their use.
- Knowledge of Apple and Android mobile OS and the ability to advise and help employees with those tools.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top