Regional IT Support Manager
Role & Responsibilities
Airbnb is looking to hire someone to manage our growing team of IT Support Engineers (aka, AirSupport) in San Francisco and the Americas. This position is based in San Francisco, California, and will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT Support functions in the Americas, with significant contribution to global processes.
This position will report directly to the Global AirSupport Manager.
Your day to day;
- You will be responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and execution of all IT Support functions in the Americas, with significant contribution to global processes.
- This includes directing all IT Support operations to meet Airbnb business requirements as well as the support and maintenance of existing applications and development of new technical solutions.
- You will lead a diverse team of IT Analysts and IT Engineers providing direct end user support and carrying out specific support improvement projects. You will also oversee varying managed services, procurement specialists and inventory/logistics experts.
- You will partner with cross functional peers to ensure a standard of operational excellence in how we support our employees.
- You’ll utilize both your leadership and your technical expertise to guide and enable our team of talented Support Engineers. You’ll work closely with the wider IT Leadership Team to ensure our team and processes scale as Airbnb expands.
- You will recruit, onboard and develop talented Support Engineers.
- You’ll be the main POC for IT in your office/region - you’ll represent the entire department cross-functionally.
- Manage a team of IT Support Engineers, both local and remote within our AirSupport group including hiring, performance management, and career development.
- Monitor service level metrics and response times and redirect team activities as needed.
- Responsible for reporting on the health of your services.
- Design and execute projects to improve systems and operations.
- Develop and document new support and operations processes.
- Oversee the team managing hardware and software purchasing (including new employee on-boarding technology setup) for San Francisco and the Americas.
- Ensure maintenance of accurate asset management records.
- Support Airbnb employees in resolving problems with IT, AV and Communications systems.
- Collaborate with AirSupport Managers around the globe to align processes and procedures and adopt global best practices.
- Flexible and open to changing priorities and managing multiple tasks simultaneously within compressed time frames.Able to lead the team to meet deliverables and drive work to completion within specified timelines.
- Minimum of five years of experience in managing technical service operations and support teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Superior leadership skills with proven ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse team of people (a large and/or international team), and facilitate effective cross-cultural business interaction.
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make your team and customers have less friction with technology.
- Experience (current or in the past) of scripting, automation or monitoring.
- Strong Mac OS and Windows experience.
- Experience with purchasing, inventory management, and budgeting.
- Sound knowledge of information and communications technology fundamentals.
- Ability to execute timely projects while maintaining quality.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Embraces feedback and iteration.
- Must be able to travel internationally approximately 10%
Back to top