Regional Ground Control Manager APAC
Founded in August 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations from around the world - online or from a mobile phone or tablet. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and 191 countries. And with world-class customer service and a growing number of users, Airbnb is the easiest way for people to monetize their extra space and showcase it to an audience of millions. No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
The Employee Experience team is seeking a seasoned professional to lead our Ground Control APAC operations. Ground Control (GC) works to build a strong and enduring culture by connecting all employees to our mission, our community and our core values through communication and shared experiences. j . d
Based in Singapore, our APAC Hub, the Ground Control Regional Manager oversees Ground Control operations for Singapore, Australia, India, Japan and Korea. This person will work across a diverse group of stakeholders (global, regional and local) and subject matter experts including: Workplace (Facilities, Food, Safety+Security), Environments, IT, Talent, Real Estate & Construction, etc. You are a critical partner to the local office leadership in driving and supporting our values and culture.
- Lead APAC regional GC team with day to day operations, strategic planning, financial tracking and individual/team coaching.
- Grow and develop the GC team with a focus on fostering belonging
- Help shape the GC global strategy and represents region with input.
- Develops strong partnerships with leaders across the region for delivery of culture, office operations, and employee experience.
- Oversee regional budgets and global GC projects.
- Partner closely with the APAC leadership team, including working closely with the Regional Director, APAC to support and help foster and scale Culture and Core Values.
- Work closely and partner with cross functional teams within Employee Experience such as Workplace, Safety and Security, Talent, Recruiting, Diversity and Belonging and Learning and Development.
- Ensure global experiential programming is executed locally and advances diversity and belonging.
- Partner closely with other Regional Managers and Ground Control leads to plan and execute yearly strategies.
- Ensure regional internal communications are shared as needed in collaboration with cross functional teams.
- Ensure broad-based regional culture and values programming take place/supported via employee platforms and channels across region.
- Expertly uses more complex project management tools + help others on your team adopt and use our suite of tools proficiently.
- Circa 10+ years professional experience in developing and leading culturally diverse distributed teams and working with senior leaders cross functionally in a global setting.
- Possess a global perspective, and demonstrated experience with and native understanding of the APAC region’s cultural nuances and dynamics.
- Strategically and analytically manages program budgets across programs invested for highest ROI.
- Experience in mentoring and guiding a diverse array of individuals in strategy, planning, and budget allocation.
- Strong business acumen and ability to connect dots across own and other’s projects and the business. Sees new opportunities related to the trajectory of the business.
- Ability to work collaboratively and drive alignment between stakeholders including peers, leaders and fellow Ground Control leads.
- Commitment to continual learning and improving operational effectiveness.
- A creative problem solver who understands how to be scrappy with resources.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic and ever changing startup environment.
- Travel ~40% of time in the region and globally.
- Fluent in English (an additional language where we operate in APAC will be a strong plus).
Back to top