Regional Director, North America
Airbnb is in search of a seasoned General Manager to lead the Homes business in North America. The Regional Director of North America will directly manage the sales and operations teams in the U.S and Canada as well as the regional cross functional leadership team consisting of Marketing, Policy, Comms, Legal etc… This regional leadership team is responsible for driving the growth of our destination business in the region by growing our the size and quality of our hosting community and making both traveling and hosting on Airbnb a mainstream and celebrated activity in the region. This seasoned leader will have had experience scaling both sales and operations activities ideally in a product-driven company with online and offline components. She/He will have demonstrated an ability to lead a cross-functional team through strategic planning and have a proven track record of driving results. It is critical that the leader has strong executive presence and an ability to lead through influence and navigate ambiguous and complex situations. Finally, She/He will have a strong have an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for travel and a connection with Airbnb’s mission of creating world where anyone can belong anywhere.
- Drive the strategy and execution of the growth and management of the Airbnb host community in North America
- Directly manage the North America sales and operations team (currently ~25 FTEs)
- Lead the cross functional North America leadership team consisting of regional leaders from Policy, Comms, Marketing, CX, Legal, etc…
- Serve as a key member of the Homes Operations Leadership team
- Work closely with product and technology team members to represent the interests of our North American hosts and the North American ops team
- Masters or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study
- Executive with a minimum of 10 years of leadership experience and 15 years of people management experience
- General Management and Sales leadership experience
- Experience in global technology companies, both consumer internet and B2B businesses
- Easily able to analyze and synthesize data from various sources
- Strong communicator with the presence to be able to handle challenging executive and external speaking opportunities
- Proven track record as a great cross-functional business partner and ability to lead within a cross-functional environment
- Comfortable in navigating and excelling in challenging environments with no playbook for success, and able to simplify complex concepts and bring clarity to ambiguous situations
- Depth of experience & cultural understanding within North America
- An undeniably positive attitude, passion for Airbnb, extreme dedication, professional approach, and ability to role-model Airbnb’s core values
- Good people development and leadership skills.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top