Public Policy Manager, South China
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
We are looking for a Public Policy Manager based out at Guangzhou to support our local-level government relations and engagement strategy in South of China.
This role will report to the Head of Public Policy, China, with focus on engagement with local authorities. In addition, this role will take the lead on projects that explore cooperation opportunities with local authorities in order to promote its brand and to tackle regulatory issues eventually.
To do this role effectively you must be able to build trust and talk to local public authorities to help them understand the contribution that our community makes, and engage them in the process of partnerships that embrace the potential of the collaborative economy. You must also demonstrate excellent project management skills and a consistent ability to think creatively about problems and solutions.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb and the collaborative economy. You will have proven your strong analytical skills, and an ability to drive projects from conception to execution.
While the position will be based in Guangzhou/SZ, this role will require regular travel throughout China - and beyond.
- Support the Public Policy Head in executing the company’s public policy strategy, concentrating mainly on influencing the development of Airbnb across the country (local level)
- Develop local (focused regions) stakeholder engagement strategy and partnership programs.
- Initiate and lead pilot partnerships projects with local authorities to promote brand and tackle regulatory issues.
- Represent Airbnb in coalitions and Associations to advance advocacy initiatives.
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments affecting the development of collaborative economy in China
- Establish new and maintain existing relationships with an extensive network of contacts in regional tourism, commerce departments, as well as with KOLs, allied groups and coalition partners.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges.
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field.
- 8+ years of experience in politics, public affairs at some level. Knowledge of internet, tourism, housing or urban development would be a significant advantage.
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex technical and regulatory issues.
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson.
- Ability to work independently – but also as part of a team
- With a sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- Candidate must speak Chinese and fluent English
If you're having trouble uploading your application, don't worry, here are some steps to reach us!
- Draft your email with the subject line: <Name_of_the_role> // <Your_Name>
- Send that email to:email@example.com
Back to top