Public Policy Associate, Taiwan
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
It is our mission to work closely with politicians, regulators, and legislators in Taiwan about Airbnb, highlight the significant social and economic impact our business has on towns, cities and provinces, and showcase best practices from around the world. We want policy makers to understand the regulatory challenges that affect our host community and find solutions that are good for Taiwan and our thriving local community across the country.
We are looking for a Policy Associate to support our engagement strategy in Taiwan. This role will report to the Head of Public Policy, Hong Kong and Taiwan, with focus on engagement with local authorities. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Airbnb, the collaborative economy and promotion Taiwan as a travel destination to the world. You will have proven your strong analytical skills, and an ability to drive projects from conception to execution.
- Support the Public Policy Head in executing the company’s public policy strategy, concentrating mainly on influencing the development of Airbnb across the country
- Develop local stakeholder engagement strategy and partnership programs.
- Initiate and lead pilot partnerships projects to promote brand and tackle regulatory issues.
- Engage in research, writing and other activities to provide analysis and critical thinking on developments of promoting Taiwan as a travel destination to the world.
- Monitor legislation and regulatory matters and advise the company with respect to policy challenges.
- 6+ years experience working on policy issues in a relevant business, or in a political, governmental or regulatory context (a mix of public and private sector experience is an advantage)
- Degree or advanced degree level in related field
- 6+ years of experience in politics, public affairs at some level. Knowledge of internet, tourism, housing or urban development would be a significant advantage
- First-rate personal, political, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to quickly get up to speed on complex politics in Taiwan and regulatory issues
- Excellent communicator with great interpersonal and presentation skills, both for subject matter experts and the layperson
- Ability to work independently – but also as part of a team
- With a sense of humour and the ability to thrive in a fast moving and sometimes stressful environment
- Candidate must speak Chinese and fluent in English. Fluent in Taiwanese is an advantage.
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top