Public Affairs Manager-Taiwan/HK(Contract)
The Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story. Whether it's speaking to journalists, hosts, guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community; the Communications team is the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest Communications teams, come tell us your story.
We are now looking for an Public Affairs Manager to join the team. Initially this person will likely to work remotely in Taipei, and reports to the Public Affairs Lead APAC and Public Policy Lead for Hong Kong and Taiwan. As a member of the Public Affairs Communications team, you’ll work closely with the public relations, policy and legal teams to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with the business team to help support their objectives, whether that be increasing awareness, encouraging more people to host or communicating local initiatives.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline and helping design and deliver communications plans supporting policy and brand objectives. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Manage public affairs communications in Hong Kong and Taiwan.
- Represent the communications team at business events.
- Deliver communications projects targeting key stakeholders within Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Dealing with crisis issue management and handle day-to-day media inquiries
- Develop written materials - story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, presentations, speeches etc
- Help prepare company spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews etc
- Build relationships with key media in both countries
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent in English and Mandrin. Cantonese is a plus
- 6+ years PR/Public Affairs experience, experiene work in public sector as spokes person is a plus
- Experience working through crisis scenarios and examples to share
- Experience working on communications around public policy matters
- Experience of working with journalists across Hong Kong and Taiwan
- Excellent writing skills, with examples to share
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
- An international outlook and passion for travel
Back to top