Public Affairs Manager, APAC
**This role will start off as a contract position, ending on December 2018, with possibility of extension.
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb helps people Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, with more than 4 million listings in 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries. Nearly 2 million guests stayed at Airbnb listings this past New Year’s Eve and more than 200 million guests have arrived at our listings since 2008. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Public Affairs team is responsible for telling Airbnb’s public policy story worldwide—a story of democratized travel through which more people experience and enjoy tourism, democratized revenue from which governments see more funding for critical services and new programs, and democratized capitalism through which anyone can leverage their greatest expense, their home, to help make ends meet. We lead the communications strategy and act as the company’s voice on a range of topics including government regulation, taxes and legal matters. We're a high-energy team with a passion for people, places, cutting-edge policymaking, and great stories. If you'd like to belong to one of the world's greatest teams, come tell us your story.
The position will be based in Singapore. As a member of the Public Affairs Communications team, you’ll work closely with the policy and legal teams to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders. You’ll also work closely with the business team to help support their objectives, whether that be increasing awareness, encouraging more people to host or communicating local initiatives. This position reports to the Regional Public Affairs Lead.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline and helping design and deliver communications plans supporting policy and brand objectives. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
• Manage public affairs communications in select markets
• Deliver communications projects targeting key stakeholders within APAC
• Handle day-to-day media inquiries
• Develop written materials - story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, presentations, speeches etc.
• Help prepare company spokespeople for public speaking engagements, media interviews etc.
• Build relationships with key media contacts in select markets
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Fluent in English. Other Asian language skills a bonus.
• 5+ years communications experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
• Experience working through crisis scenarios and has examples to share
• Experience working on communications around public policy matters
• Experience of working with journalists in multiple Southeast Asia markets
• Excellent writing skills, with examples to share
• Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
• Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanour even in stressful situations
• An international outlook and passion for travel
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top