Public Affairs Communications Manager - UK & Ireland (Fixed Term Contract)
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
The Public Affairs Communications team is responsible for telling the Airbnb story around the world. Whether it's speaking to media and bloggers, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders or the wider community, the Public Affairs Communications team is the voice of Airbnb in all regulatory and policy matters. We're a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest teams, come tell us your story.
This position will be based in London, England. As a member of the Public Affairs Communications team, you will work as part of a local campaign team, including public policy, community mobilisation, strategic partnerships and digital communications. You will tell the Airbnb story to press and explain how the Airbnb community helps make cities better places to live, work and visit.
You must be comfortable and confident in working directly with journalists; managing media enquiries on deadline and helping design and deliver bold communications plans supporting policy and brand objectives. We’re looking for an effective and creative communicator who has the ability to explain complex ideas in simple ways.
- Lead public affairs communications in the UK & Ireland.
- Help develop and execute bold plans to tell the Airbnb story to press and stakeholders.
- Develop written materials - story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches, etc.
- Prepare company spokespeople for media interviews and public speaking engagements.
- Understand the media market and key players covering the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years PR/Public Affairs experience, either working in a PR agency or in-house
- Proven-track record working on communications initiatives involving policy matters
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization
- Excellent writing skills with samples to share
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for simplicity and getting things done
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situations
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top