Property Security Specialist
We are looking for talented, experienced and full-time claims professionals to join our Property Security team and help us provide an exceptional customer support in Portland, OR. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and have 1 – 3+ years of applicable experience, preferably in property damage liability and/or catastrophic and fatality; and/or dispute resolution, third party adjuster management e-commerce and conflict resolution.
Property Security Specialists are broadly accountable for the following activities and responsibilities:
Primary Function: The core work of Property Security Specialists is to provide excellent community support for host and guests seeking assistance from Airbnb Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance Experience Protection insurance.
- Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, outbound calls and case work.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Compiling incident reports at the direction of leadership;
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of claims, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Crafting clear and concise resolution plans in order to drive fair and accurate outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with and monitor third party claims administrators.
- Mastering knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in claims verification, payment processing, dispute resolution and fraud detection.
- Determining compensation and validity of the claims, identifying possible claim risks and/or liaising with other departments to de-escalate active threads. This process will require excellent negotiation skills and might involve stakeholder relationships and research.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
Secondary Function: Dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a content advisor, and supports function on the execution of Change Management initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor for impact initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/SME for new hires and partners - (Idea is they identify gaps in WF, process and escalate for improvement)
- Attending functional business reviews as required
- Attending large loss case reviews as required
- Location: Portland, OR
- Language proficiency in English
- Be an advocate of high quality standards, innovation, resolution conflict and customer experience excellence.
- 1-3 years of experience in claims and dispute resolution, e-commerce, conflict resolution, fraud or risk investigations, and/or crisis management.
- 2+ years of experience in customer service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written (email) and spoken (phone), to help our community in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent time management, negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Passion for innovation with a ‘work smarter’, solution and action oriented mindset.
- Experience working with internal stakeholders and/or third party providers to resolve complex disputes in a detailed, effective and timely manner.
- Calm and Empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Working with leadership to develop and enhance internal policies, processes and tools.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Additional insurance investigation or program management experience are a plus.
The Extra mile:
- Understanding of ‘Third Party Administrators/Adjusters’ concepts is a plus
- Vendor Management, Program management and/or project management experience/studies
- Outsource management
- SQL; Data analysis
- Media training or brand-risk management
- Experience with Partner(Vendor) relationship
- Employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Pension Plan
- Food program
- Maternity and Paternity leave
- Competitive Salary
- And more....
Back to top