Property Claims Specialist
No global movement springs from individuals. It takes an entire team united behind something big. On the Community Support: Claims team at Airbnb, we’re proud to be at the forefront of the sharing economy. We recognize that we are the leaders of a new, worldwide phenomenon, and it’s why we’ve worked so hard to build the trust at its foundation.
With 100 million lifetime guests, and 2 million listings in over 190 countries, trust is what makes it work. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, and we are passionate about working to create the most trusted community in the world. We are looking for enthusiastic, dedicated crisis management investigators who will be able to help our hosts and guests when they need us the most.
We are looking for talented, experienced Claims professionals to join our Property Claims team and help us provide an exceptional customer support in Seoul, South Korea. The right candidate will be a dispute resolution oriented person, who treats clients fairly and equitably, but also makes sure claims are legitimate and reasonable. They must have a passion for innovation and have some relevant applicable experience, preferably in property damage liability and/or catastrophic and fatality; and/or dispute resolution, third party adjuster management e-commerce and conflict resolution.
Claims specialists are broadly accountable for the following activities and responsibilities:
Primary Function: The core work of Property Claims Specialists is to provide excellent community support for host and guests seeking assistance from Airbnb Host Guarantee, Host Protection Insurance Experience Protection insurance.
- Handle the designated inboxes through inbound and outbound tickets/emails, outbound calls and case work.
- Initiating, investigating and resolving cases involving complex damages, liability claims, potential fraud, or brand risk, verifying facts, and determining resolutions based on internal policies.
- Working closely with stakeholders to align on case strategy.
- Compiling incident reports at the direction of leadership;
- Providing upward feedback, regarding the status of claims, communicating regularly with supervisors and managers.
- Crafting clear and concise resolution plans in order to drive fair and accurate outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with and monitor third party claims administrators.
- Mastering knowledge of company policies and procedures inside and out, being an expert in claims verification, payment processing, dispute resolution and fraud detection.
- Determining compensation and validity of the claims, identifying possible claim risks and/or liaising with other departments to de-escalate active threads. This process will require excellent negotiation skills and might involve stakeholder relationships and research.
- Maintaining high levels of confidentiality while performing investigations.
Secondary Function: dedicated to project work, supporting senior specialists and leadership on the execution of Change Management and other initiatives.
- Acting as a content advisor, and supports function on the execution of Change Management initiatives.
- Acting as a process advisor for impact initiatives and/or cross-functional projects to meet strategic goals.
- Acting as a mentor and advisor/Subject Matter Expert for new hires and site partners - (Idea is they identify gaps in Work Flow, processes and escalate for improvement)
- Attending functional business reviews as required
- Attending large loss case reviews as required
- Location: Seoul, South Korea
- Background in advocacy, crisis management, or e-commerce customer service experience in risk management or related Trust and Safety field.
- Language skills: Fluent English and Native Korean both verbal and written
- Must be available for a regular schedule of 5 days work week (40 hours), mutually agreed with your Lead, able to work on weekends and public holidays. Shifts may include evening or early morning hours
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and knowledge of a second (market-specific) language
- Strong verbal (phone) and written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for dispute resolution and a drive for results
- Detail Oriented - you do your due diligence when completing an investigation
- Background in advocacy, crisis response, dispute mitigation, or emergency response management
- Or, background in fraud and/or online investigations with experience handling personal injury, personal harm, or property damage related issues
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Solid judgment and a strong moral compass
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- Calm and empathetic - you are able to adapt to any situation by personalizing responses and educating our community while remaining level headed in tough situations.
- Ability to multi-task, organize and work with rapidly changing priorities.
- Innovative and passionate about continued process improvement.
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate.
Back to top