Project Manager, Security
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add a security-minded, mission-driven TPM to support our security initiatives around data security and compliance activities. This work will require significant cross-functional collaboration with all parts of the organization. If you possess a blend of strategic, tactical and technical security skills, and can combine that with business insight and meaningful processes, we are looking for you.
- Translate the high-level organizational objective to a series of executable projects that can be delivered within business deadlines
- Identify technical requirements in relation to security and compliance control requirements
- Identify and minimize the impact of technical dependencies and ensure the teams can operate as efficiently as possible
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have competing priorities.
- Operationalize and evangelize the responsibilities for service ownership at Airbnb.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Prepare and present project reports and metrics
- Proven track record of managing several large-scale complex technical roll-outs
- Proficient understanding of technical concepts and configurations in cloud-based environment. You will be managing projects that focus on technical security controls to meet internal policies and compliances.
- Demonstrated knowledge of security threats, issues, techniques and implications
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Experience developing process where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Experience with Jira & Confluence
- BA/BS degree, minimum 8 years technical project management experience.
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more...
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top