Project Manager, Community Engagement
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover and book unique accommodations around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries.
Beijing is a fast, up-and-coming office! Home to the most hospitable people you will meet, our extremely capable team of Beijing based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market.
Reporting to the Community Engagement Lead, the Community Engagement Project Manager is responsible for building and managing large-scale, online-offline, nation-wide projects committed to Community building and developing relationships with VIP hosts and guests. The Community Engagement Project Manager is someone who loves people, story-telling, and program management. She/He has experience with project and program development, creating and delivering on timelines, and building scalable and lasting projects. She/He is also someone who is hands-on and a go-getter who has event and project execution experience. Entrepreneurial/Start-up experience and a track record of being able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment is a huge plus.
This role will sit on Community Team but will ideally work closely with the local market teams around China, as well as Marketing/PR teams. S/He will also partner closely with the host management and host acquisition teams to liaise on community facing activities.
- Build, develop and run existing national-level projects such as the Airbnb Host Recommended Cafés project.
- Develop strategies to scale out existing programs while simultaneously building from ground up.
- Build, expand, and maintain network of community leaders, creating a leverageable network and enable reach into the community
- Be involved and potentially oversee other Community Projects including Community Leaders, Airbnb Host Academy and other national-level projects
- Develop, oversee, and execute host campaigns that include both offline/online support
- Work closely with Community Wechat Agency and Team members to help transition all offline content for online purposes.
- Leverage in-house and third party resources to drive programs and projects forward, amplify/champion owned projects
- Develop programming with HQ and the local team that enables various degrees of engagement and enables members to progress up the commitment curve via online/offline marketing plan
- Participate in meetings to stay up-to-date with local team’s activities - advise on all Community related projects and programs
- Work w/ PR to highlight Community related projects/stories within project scope
- Support Host Mgmt - attend host related events to meet new hosts, surface top hosts to the rest of team mates
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ideal candidates have prior experience with creating, building and maintaining a project or program from start to finish
- Ideal candidates have prior experience in Community Management, Field Marketing, Experiential Marketing, Event planning, Program planning and Channel Management and online social marketing.
- We are seeking candidates who are positive and energetic with a passion for Airbnb’s mission
- Exceptional networking and relationship building skills.
- Metrics orientation, ability to work with data and willingness to track results, activities and manage agencies/third party vendors
- Strong entrepreneurial skills, proven initiative, and ability to work in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to think bigger picture vision and scale out projects nation-wide
- The role also requires ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on tight deadlines. Prior project management experience is a must.
- Ability to influence and coordinate across various groups in the field as well as HQ is an advantage
- The role requires significant travel within the region.
If you're having trouble uploading your application, don't worry, here are some steps to reach us!
- Draft your email with the subject line: <Name_of_the_role> // <Your_Name>
- Send that email to: email@example.com
Back to top