Program Manager Lead, Experiences
- San Francisco, CA
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
It takes an entire team united behind something big. Together, we work hard, we laugh a lot, we brainstorm nonstop, and are passionate about the company and our values.
Marketing Program Management and Operations enables Airbnb’s teams to operate as effectively and efficiently as possible, driving Airbnb’s priorities through seamless day-to-day operations, strong stakeholder alignment, with an eye towards scale and efficiency.
The Program Manager Lead (PgM Lead) maintains high level oversight of all Marketing & Creative programs running across the Experiences business, and manages program scoping & definition for that audience. As the PgM Lead, you serve as the bridge between Marketing/Creative and cross-functional partners including Product and Design, aligning stakeholders and shepherding teams through the process of bringing our programs to life. You oversee planning, roadmaps, resourcing, budgets, and documentation for the Experiences group.
You are a strategic partner to the Group Marketing & Creative Directors & manage the operations of the team. You bring creativity to the operational aspects of a marketing team and deal with solving the “how,” freeing up your peers to focus on crafting the “what.” You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover new ways of doing things, and work collaboratively with stakeholders. You have demonstrated strong performance in your prior roles; you thrive in ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight.
- Partner with the Marketing Director to establish the goals, roadmap, and operational model for how to engage with other cross-functional team members within the business.
- Establish and manage team operating rhythm, including communication structures, project templates, meeting cadence and review forums.
- Partner with the Marketing Director to develop staffing plans inclusive of both internal teams & external vendors when appropriate.
- Define audience-based roadmap based on business priorities with macro-view of all supporting workstreams and ensure work delivers on goals.
- Scope, define, and manage evergreen programs: define actionable plans, resourcing, and sequencing for large bodies of work:
- Drive a successful implementation by aligning and influencing relevant stakeholders across teams and markets and driving scope, resourcing, and workflow management.
- Provide up-to-date visibility into current projects, resource utilization, team performance and product health across your teams
- Facilitate regular project status and creative review meetings. Ensure right stakeholders and cross-functional team members are involved, document decisions and actions items, and follow up with owners on commitments.
- Identify and predict obstacles, collisions, and risk to projects across multiple teams and seek solutions to eliminate them
- Balance competing priorities and adjust resources as necessary.
- Define and manage how the team interfaces with other functions such as Design, Product Management, Comms, Policy, Growth & Traffic.
- Collaborate with Creative Producers to understand all production timelines and weave them into a single team-wide program management view.
- Stay closely connected with Experiences Product and Design teams to align Marketing programs with Product roadmap.
- Serve as the go-to liaison with cross-functional partners
- Uphold standards and best practices, ensure the proper processes and tools are applied
- Cultivate, negotiate and manage relationships with cross-functional partners
- BA/BS degree, 12+ years Marketing or Creative Program Management, Project Management or relevant experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Track record of managing and launching impactful marketing initiatives for a large brand or agency.
- Long-term strategic thinking balanced with near-term execution skills. Distinctive problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to build strong relationships and influence business leaders.
- Demonstrable skills and experience in mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated track record successfully managing ambitious and operationally complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in structuring teams and implementing initiatives at scale with marketing and creative teams.
- Background in establishing systems: experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about organizational excellence and attention to detail
- Thrives in ambiguity in a fast-paced, hyper-growth organization.
- Deep knowledge of and appreciation for the Creative process
- Experience with or understanding of cross-functional marketing organizations or agencies
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
Back to top