Product Manager - Product and Service Excellence
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
Airbnb is on the cutting edge of product development. Our hosts are opening their homes to travelers from around the world, and our product makes it all possible. We have a lean team of product managers who guide a team of engineers, designers and data scientists to ship products that drive our business forward.
Team Background: Product and Service Excellence:
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We believe service will be a major differentiator and drive Airbnb’s global success and growth. We’re building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
The Future of Service:
- Vision: A world-class service platform that allows customer support agents to provide exceptional, confident service because the tools give them the tools they need to quickly solve problems the right way, every time.
- Objective: Build fast, smart, easy to use tools that present the right information, at the right time and drive agent efficiency, to deliver a great customer experience. Enable Airbnb Customer Experience to scale with the growing global business.
- Products: (a) Core Agent Tools platform that enable Agents to work efficiently with hosts and guests. (b) Identity, payment, and reservation tools to enable Customer Support agents to quickly solve problems. (c) Smart tools, powered by ML/NLP and a effective issue taxonomy. (d) Internationalization (i18n) of tools.
- Vision, roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, UI/UX wireframing, defining product roll-out strategy
- Multiple successful product launches under your belt, shipping features across various platforms (iOS, Android, and Web)
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional operations stakeholders to get buy-in and drive support for new ideas, products, and process.
- 5+ years proven experience and passion for building great products with a consumer internet company
- Experience with SQL, establishing metrics/thresholds to guide prioritization and opportunity size.
- Willing to travel to SF or other offices 1-2 times per month
- Experience with A/B experimentation
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top