Product Manager - Pricing
Airbnb is redefining the world's approach to accommodation and travel. We are creating highly local, personal and meaningful experiences for our host and guest community around the world. We develop products that create transformational experiences for guests millions of times each week.
In order for us to create a world where you can truly Belong Anywhere, we need to ensure that the marketplace offers prices and policies that match guest and host expectations. The Market Dynamics team works on pricing, cancellation policies, fees, and monetization for our Homes business. As a product manager on Pricing, you will be responsible for vision, strategy, and execution of work that leads to a more frictionless, efficient marketplace and improves the outcomes for all its constituents. This is a high impact role for a senior and experienced PM to support hosts’ pricing decisions with relevant tools and data while helping guests discover and identify the best value available on the platform.
What you’ll do
- Inform hosts’ pricing decisions and facilitate trust in our pricing tools by owning the framework of data, information and insights we provide alongside our pricing tools:
- Creating, building and maintaining data visualization hubs where hosts can explore the factors that influence market prices for their listing (e.g., demand, supply, lead time, competition) and feed into our price suggestions
- Expanding and improving the platform used to display contextual pricing insights and opportunities to hosts across various touchpoints in the product (e.g. in calendar, stats pages, settings pages) including segmentation, assortment, ranking, UI/UX.
- Opening up the insights platform to other host facing teams to supply hosts with insights and opportunities beyond pricing
- Collaborate with other Pricing PMs to
- Continuously improve the models that power our price suggestions by representing the hosts’ voice
- Create intuitive pricing tools and controls that allow hosts to discover and set prices that reach their objectives with minimal effort
- Drive adoption of pricing tools and better pricing through the insights platform
- Collaborate with host facing teams looking to use insights as a platform or looking to host insights touchpoints in their parts of the product.
- Own price and value communication across the all guest touchpoints (in-product and notifications) and collaborate with guest facing teams to help guests discover the best value our platform has to offer
What we are looking for:
- An experienced Product Manager who blends advanced quantitative skills with a refined product sense and strong empathy for users
- A background in (behavioral) economics, pricing or other technical subjects. MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years consumer internet product management experience.
- Multiple successful product launches under your belt
- Experience setting product vision, roadmapping, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, A/B testing, UI/UX wireframing, and defining product roll-out strategy
- Originate, collect, and synthesize product ideas from the team
- You have gotten your hands dirty shipping user-facing features across various platforms (iOS, Android, and Web)
- Lead and influence without being the direct manager of all team members
- Highly collaborative and able to manage stakeholders up, down and cross-functionally
Successful Product Managers at Airbnb:
- Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there.
- Self-motivated, with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem solvers - able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Not hesitant to get hands dirty and do whatever is necessary to ensure success
- Outcome-oriented - not reactionary; you can articulate the desired outcome and work collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Consensus builders. You are able to curate and build on the ideas of others in pursuit of the best solution
- Effective at collaborating with cross-functional operations stakeholders to get buy-in and drive support for new ideas, products, and process.
- Highly technical, garnering respect from engineers and designers
- Highly empathetic, you are able to internalize guest and host needs and to envision products that convey the complex domain of pricing in a way that is accessible to users without sacrificing trust in our tools’ rigor
Meet Some of Airbnb's Employees
Front-End Engineer & Designer
From designing features to executing front-end tech, Amy makes sure the Airbnb user experience is smooth and seamless—and enjoyable.
Back to top