Product Manager, Payments Developer Products
About the Role
First and foremost, we’re looking for people who know and use Airbnb and believe in what we’re trying to accomplish. Airbnb is a marketplace that connects guests and hosts but provides the level of trust needed to enable each transaction. Payments is central to creating that trust, which is why Payments is a core and strategic part of Airbnb.
The Product team is at the center of all of the activity on our team. We play the role of conductor, enhancing our engineers, designers, and data scientists to build great product experiences. Our Payments Product Managers own and lead outcomes related to foundation, growth, and empowerment. This means our PMs set the vision and strategy, the roadmap, and executing on the plans that are developed.
Our Payments organization has five programs:
- Payments platform - facilitating money movement and exchange of value,
- Commerce platform - fueling growth for our business,
- Compliance & Ops - ensuring safe and efficient payment processing,
- Foundation - scaling our systems and infrastructure, and
- Professional Services - ensuring strategic alignment with our business customers.
This role is in our Payments platform program. The Developer Products PM will be responsible for creating the developer experience for our business customers. As a platform team, we partner with Airbnb businesses (currently Homes, Experiences, Luxury, China, and Transportation) and help them with payment solutions. You’ll create self-service environment, empowering the business teams to build products faster and experiment with different ways to grow the business. You’ll be the champion for our developers, investing in building shared services when you determine it’s strategically important to.
- 3+ years building payments or financial products in a product management role
- Direct experience building products for developers by developers
- Technical background - five or more years experience as an engineer
- Deep understanding of the needs of your customers, prioritize, continuously building and iterating
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into minute details
- Ability to create partnerships both inside and outside of the Product organization
- Exceptional decision making skills: given limited resources, how do you prioritize across needs?
- Thrives in a startup environment: loves dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- Global perspective - experience with global payment methods outside of credit cards
- Successfully scaled platform products
Back to top